Friday 21 January 2011

RIP My Iron.....................

Had one of those moments yesterday, where I had an amazng idea re a quilt to make. I washed & organised my fabrics with the plan to put the girls to bed last night & spend the evening with my sewing machine, whilst watching a dvd = BLISS!!

Unfortunately, upon our return from doing the afternoon school run, I discovered my iron lying in a puddle of water on the floor. It looks like it was knocked off the shelf (probably by all the uneccessary crap on the shelf- must sort that out!!) & the water tank in it has cracked. Therefore my sewing evening was put on hold until a new iron can be purchased  :-(

Now, I never thought there would be a day where I would mourn the loss of an iron, as I HATE ironning. Well, to be honest I dont actually hate the process of ironning, its actually quite peaceful I just hate the really bad backache I get afterwards!! 

So, instead of making a lovely quilt, instead I will concentrate on some crocheting, & I think I may have some sewing projects all ready to go (cut, ironned, & pinned) Maybe I will get to spend some time with my lovely machine after all!!

Happy Friday!!

xxx

No comments: